Lake Washington Boulevard is closing Friday, June 17 for 17 days
We will close a section of Lake Washington Boulevard for 17 days, starting at 10 p.m. Friday, June 17. During the closure, Montlake Project crews will install drainage and conduct electrical work.
Traffic exiting westbound SR 520 to Lake Washington Boulevard won’t be able to turn east; drivers will detour west to Montlake Boulevard and then south to Boyer Avenue East. Lake Washington Boulevard and the on-ramp to eastbound SR 520 are scheduled to reopen at 11:59 p.m. Sunday, July 3.
Eastbound SR 520 closing overnight Tuesday, June 14
Eastbound SR 520 will be closed overnight Tuesday, June 14, so crews can pour concrete for a new eastbound SR 520 bridge over Union Bay. The highway’s eastbound lanes will be closed from I-5 to 92nd Avenue Northeast on the Eastside between 11 p.m. Tuesday and 5 a.m. Wednesday.
How to reach us and stay informed about SR 520 construction:
- Call the SR 520 Program information line (206-770-3554, M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.) with general SR 520 inquiries.
- Email SR 520 staff with your questions about the project or construction activities.
- Visit the SR 520 Construction Corner for the most up-to-date information on closures and construction impacts.
- Visit the SR 520 Program website to find general information about the project.
- Follow us on Twitter @wsdot_520 to get key news and updates about the SR 520 program.
- View current Montlake Project construction photos, taken continuously day and night, by mounted construction cameras