BIKES Club membership supports ...
- A voice in bike advocacy and safety to our local cities and county
- Grants for education, safety and bike programs such as Sharing Wheels Community Bike Shop and helmets for low-income kids at Christmas House
- The insurance, website, equipment storage, and other organizational infrastructure that make a non-profit, all-volunteer bike club possible.
BIKES Club rides are for BIKES Club members only. The traditional annual membership provides BIKES Club members with access to all club rides and events for a full year. A One Month Individual membership option provides an opportunity for non-members to join our BIKES Club for a month at a reduced price. This option allows the One Month Individual member access to go on all rides for a month. The One Month Individual membership option is a good way for new or visiting riders to experience the BIKES Club and get to know us.
- One Month Individual membership is intended to be a temporary alternative to annual membership.
- Only members are allowed on club rides.
- The ability to register for a ride online is locked out when membership expires for all membership types.
- Family - $35/year
- Individual - $25/year
- One Month Individual - $10/month
For all membership types
- Family or Individual memberships may be renewed automatically or manually.
- One Month Individual memberships may be renewed manually online only as one-month or annual.
- The old-fashioned paper “snail” mail renewal with a paper check is still available for annual family and individual membership renewals but is very slow and you may miss out on a ride you want to do.
- Renewal online is the fastest way to get it done.
- One e-mail reminder to renew is sent 2 weeks before expiration.
- Registration for rides is locked out when membership expires.
- One lapsed membership notice is emailed 3 days after membership has expired.
- No more notices are sent.
- Membership may be renewed online quickly anytime.
Maximize your BIKES Club Experience
If you are feeling left out of BIKES Club communications, you have a few options to improve the information you get from the club:
- Do you want to know when someone posts a new ride or makes a change to the Ride Updates page?
1. Visit the Ride Updates page.
2. Click on the “Subscribe to Forum” link on the right side of the page across from the "Create Topic" button.
3. You will be prompted to log-in (use the email address where you get club e-mail and your password).
4. Go to the Member Only section / Member Profile page of the website.
5. Click the “Edit Profile” button and the “Email Subscriptions” link to how often you receive updates.
6. Set “Ride Updates” to be delivered “immediately.”
7. Click the “Save” button at the bottom.
8. Now you will get an e-mail when someone posts a new ride or adds a change to the Ride Updates page.
- If you would like to get the Chainwheel Chatter E-newsletter e-mailed to you as soon as it comes out:
1. Login to www.bikesclub.org.
2. Select “View Profile” in the upper right corner.
3. Select “Edit Profile”.
4. Scroll down to the “Additional Information” section and click on the Yes for E-newsletter.
5. Scroll back up and select “E-Mail Subscriptions”.
6. Check boxes for what may interest you. I suggest checking all boxes for the fullest club experience.
7. For the selections under the Forum Subscriptions, select the “Immediately” option in the pull-down menus.
- You can also access Chainwheel Chatter newsletters on our website:
E-bike Policy: E-bike riders and Ride Leaders should understand the BIKES Club e-bike policy.
1. Login to www.bikesclub.org.
2. Select “Newsletters” under the “About Us” tab.
3. Links for the archived newsletters are available for your selection.